European roots, global presence
Mitas is a traditional tyre producer with a strong background in research and development. Mitas' focus on innovations has helped win the position of the second-largest European off-road tyre manufacturer. Mitas currently operates five factories: one in Charles City, IA, and four in Europe. A brand-new plant in Otrokovice, Czech Republic, which was opened in 2013, is producing top-quality radial agricultural tyres for worldwide markets. The majority of Mitas sales have historically occurred in the European market and through Original Equipment Manufacturers with facilities on the Continent. Currently, about 86 percent of all tyres produced by Mitas are delivered to its customers in Europe.
The company, however, is committed to expanding its global presence. One of the obvious milestones was to establish a production base in the United States, close to U.S. farmers and OEM customers as the U.S. agricultural market is large and demanding with strong growth prospects. Thanks to Mitas' plant in Charles City, American farmers can benefit from increased competition as Mitas has become the third radial agricultural tire producer in the United States. Mitas has been manufacturing farm radial tyres in the United States since 2012.
- Mitas is a major supplier of radial agricultural tyres for new tractors and combines produced by the European plants of global leaders such as John Deere, Case New Holland, Claas and AGCO.
- Mitas is regularly recognised with awards by the global leaders as the best supplier.
- One in four new tractors and harvesters in Europe is fitted with tyres produced by Mitas.
- Mitas is number one European supplier of combine tyres.
- According to market share, Mitas is the No. 1 supplier of radial and cross-ply agricultural tyres in Germany. *
- Innovation is the lifeblood of Mitas. We are committed to researching and implementing the latest innovations in order to better serve the needs of our customers.
*Source: Neue Reifenzeitung 1_2013